Horizon (Off-Road) | Pedal + Electric (L)
- Create your own adventure exploring millions of backcountry and primitive roads
- Ride on local dirt or gravel trails with the comfort and stability of full-suspension
- Ride during the day and power your camp at night with larger capacity battery options
- Gain endurance and extend ride distance at your own pace because you determine how much to supplement your physical input with the independent electric throttle (GREAT for PT and Rec Therapy following an injury!)
- Conquer that mountain or trail you've been dreaming about
- Ride with friends on local mountain bike trails (where permitted)
- Recovering from an injury? By utilizing the electric drive, you can begin riding again quicker, which will build confidence and strength in a novel and exciting manner
- Cruise around the neighborhood with friends and/or family
- The list is as long as your imagination for adventure!
(For more information including tech specs, features and descriptions, and what comes standard on this model, scroll down the page)
Did you know that 1.42 million miles (i.e. more than one-third of all road miles in the U.S.) are still unpaved gravel or dirt roads? Want to ride them all? Well, the Horizon is here to explore the rugged backcountry where getting out there has never been more fun.
For the Horizon, we designed a robust, independent front and rear air-shock suspension and paired it with our industry leading electric drive system. The base model comes standard with one battery pack totaling 1 kWh with a range of 15-35 miles per charge, and the option of adding up to 3 more modular battery packs for an astounding 60-140 miles of range. Taking it one step further, we developed a set of key adaptive components, offering a wider range of physical abilities a new way to ride the trails or quite possibly, the opportunity to ride again. The Horizon was designed from the ground up to be modular. That means you can pick which adaptive components work for you and leave out the others to create the perfect ride for you.
Note: Although our Electric Adventure Vehicles (EAV) appeal to and can accommodate a wide variety of ability levels, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to determine whether the Horizon is the best fit for them. Outrider will provide information about the functionality of its products, but we are not trained professionally to make medical evaluations and recommendations. For this information, please consult your medical professional.
- All major frame components have been designed by Outrider USA and are manufactured in the United States.
- The Alpha is built upon a proprietary high-strength aluminum monocoque chassis allowing for greater modularity, reduced weight and superior quality.
- Utilizes proven Outrider carbon belt-driven electric drivetrain technology, paired with state of the art planetary gearbox for improved performance, durability and capability.
- A variety of drive system options, so you can be sure you have plenty of power on tap to meet your needs, and have a blast doing it.
- Top speed of 25 mph where permitted.
- Always be in the right gear for pedaling with the optional Shimano Di2 electronic shifting system, for improved adaptability and reduced maintenance.
- Independent front and rear adjustable air-shock suspension, for a superior ride.
- Indirect steering allowing for smooth yet responsive control when cruising, turning and cornering.
- Handle dirt and gravel roads with ease and comfort.
BATTERIES AND CHARGING
- Incredible range: Build with 1 to 4 battery packs, for up to an astounding 160 miles of range per charge.
- Easily upgradable - more modular battery packs can be added later (up to 4 in total) or batteries can be upgraded as battery performance continues to evolve.
- On-board charging with our standard built-in high speed 1000W charger (~1 mile range per minute of charge), for maximum durability. 220V charging and alternative plugs available upon request for international orders.
- Streamlined Battery Management System (BMS) for automated battery maintenance and protection.
- Outrider's ergonomically-optimized seat offers the perfect balance between comfort, performance, and ventilation.
- Removable hydrophobic seat cushion to keep your backside dry.
- Optional ultrabright 900 Lumen LED headlight for clear sight when riding at night or excellent visibility during daytime riding.
- Optional illuminated LED visibility whip for additional visibility at night and great daytime visibility.
2-Series: 750W, 1300W, 2000W
78"- 90" x 32" x 33-36"
Standard Wheels: Steel J-Bend
Front (2): Maxxis Holy Roller (20 x 2.2")
Rear: Maxxis Minion DXF EXO (26 x 2.5")
Standard 9-speed (11-32T) cassette with 40T front chainring
Optional 11-speed rear internally geared Shimano Alfine hub with Di2 electronic shifting system
Independent A-Arm Front Front Geometry with automotive-style front swaybar for excellent cornering stability
Single-Pivot Rear Geometry
Suntour 200x57 air shocks with adjustable rebound
TOP SPEED AS SHIPPED
25 mph, with the ability to be programmed for 20 mph or other speeds to comply with local regulations.
*The Horizon is primarily intended for off-road use. It is the express and sole responsibility of the rider to know and respect the laws and regulations in any location in which they ride.
Brushless Permanent Magnet Mid-Drive Motor
93% Efficient, American-Made
Rider plus gear = 350 Lbs
Battery Chemistry: Lithium, 18650 with automatic BMS
Battery Capacity: 1200 watt hours to 4800 watt hours
Dual Magura Hydraulic 180 mm Front Disc Brakes
Aluminum Monocoque Chassis with Chromoly Front and Rear End
Onboard high-speed 1 000 Watt 110V Charger standard, 220V Charger available upon request.
*It is the full and exclusive responsibility of the customer to determine the legality of riding at a location, and to abide by the laws of any location in which they are riding. Prior to shipping, the power setting can be programmed according to the laws in your country state or province. It is the full and exclusive responsibility of the customer to determine the legality of riding at a location, and to abide by the laws of any location in which they are riding. All power settings should only be used in a safe and legally abiding manner. Legislation varies by country and state, be sure to know your local laws.
We stand behind what we build. Every Outrider is assembled by hand in Fletcher, NC by our highly skilled assembly team. Before we bring a product to the market we prototype it extensively, and then take those prototypes and torture test them in the most grueling and brutal scenarios possible to make sure they're going to stand up to serious use. And when we say warranty, we mean it - in the unlikely scenario you do need to warranty a part all you need to do is call us at 828-654-7555 where you'll speak with one of our team members at the shop. We'll pinpoint the issue, request proof of issue, and then do whatever needs to happen to fix that part and get you back out there riding.
2 Year Limited Warranty - Includes All Non-Wear Items
Example: Tires, tubes, brake pads and similar wear items are not covered under the warranty
Example: Batteries, motor, frame and similar non-wear items are covered under the warranty
DISCLAIMER: ALL OUTRIDER USA TRIKES AND FRAMESETS SHOULD BE PERIODICALLY CHECKED for indicators of stress and/or potential failure, including cracks, deformation, corrosion, paint peeling, dents, and any other indicators of potential problems, inappropriate use, or abuse. These are important safety checks and very important to help prevent accidents, bodily injury to the rider, and shortened useful product life cycle of a Outrider USA bicycle or frameset. Failure to follow this warning may result in catastrophic failure of the component or tricycle, which may lead to serious personal injury or death.
All other remedies, obligations, liabilities, rights, warranties, express or implied, arising from law or otherwise, including but not limited to, any claimed implied warranty of merchantability, any claimed implied warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing or usage of trade, and any claimed implied warranty of fitness, are disclaimed by Outrider USA and waived by the original owner. If any provision is found unenforceable, only that provision shall be stricken and all others shall apply.
Not every component is designed for every conceivable use. Broken parts resulting from riding performed on surfaces or locations not intended for the particular model can shorten the useful product life cycle of the trike and invalidate warranty of certain parts. Broken parts resulting from performing jumps, tricks, riding down stairs, aggressive riding, riding in severe climate, riding with excessively heavy loads, commercial riding and all other types of nonstandard use will also shorted the useful product life cycle and invalidate warranty of certain parts.
This warranty is void if the trike is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, an accident, or other abnormal excessive or improper use. Additionally, this warranty applies only to the original owner of the trike and is not transferrable to subsequent owners.
Every Outrider ships fully assembled in a custom crate. Within the USA, transit time is usually 5 business days or less. Please be aware that this is shipping time, not including build time. We customize each build per the customer's request, so this shipping time is in addition to current build times. Most often, your Outrider will be shipped LTL "Less Than Truckload", which means it will arrive on an 18 wheeler. If your delivery location is inaccessible by an 18 wheeler it is your responsibility to notify us prior to shipment so that we can make alternate delivery arrangements. Scissors and/or wire cutters are recommended to disassmble the crate, and remove your Outrider from the crate.
Call (828) 654-7555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.